Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It has been a while!

Yes, I am finally back here after a long absence of over a month. Even my son has reminded me to get with it. I will try to do better.

Things here are busy to say the least. You need to understand a little about my life to get the full effect. I am the wife of a wonderful man, who is the pastor of a small - medium church, which means he is the only staff member. That means that we help alot. I am also the worship leader at the church, and the WMU director (in regular words I take care of all the music and most of the missions stuff). If that wasn't enough I work full-time at another church doing graphic design and anything else that needs to be done. Then there is the child, our precious 10 year old granddaughter that lives with us, who is involved in lots, especially her dance classes two days a week. She is awesome! Almost 3 years ago we brought into our family a fiesty little beagle named Keavey Joy (Celtic for graceful, beautiful and elegant). You also need to know that I love dogs! No, really, I am not the crazy dress up my dog person but they are like my family. (well, I would like to dress Keavey up as Underdog for Halloween!) Keavey is a tiny little 20 pound girl that thinks she rules the roast. Last year my sweet husband decided to add to our family with a precious little American Bulldog Boxer mix which we named Chief. His parents are owned by one of our church familes so we knew about how big he would be. Well, his parents are both medium to large dogs that weigh about 70 pounds each. My thought was, oh my, I guess I can handle that. I feel in love with him way before he ever came home. Big Chief McCart, as we call him, just turned one and is so much more than we expected. His head is up to my hip and he weighs at least 100 pounds. He is my big baby boy alright! So here I am in what is supposed to be a relatively peaceful time in my life and it is wild and crazy! Praise God! I get tired and a little grumpy but I celebrate the hectic life that God has placed me in and look forward to each and every adventure.

Right now my next adventure is my sweet daughter-in-law and my other two incredible granddaughters are coming for a visit the end of the month! This is God's way of getting me to take some time off from work and to get me to do a little refreshing around my house. (that sounds so much better than cleaning) So life goes on . . . one adventure at a time . . . one challange at a time . . . and mercy given to me by my Lord every day!

No comments: